Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Cause I'm a Blonde

I see people working and it just makes me giggle,

Cause I don't have to work, I just have to jiggle
Cause I'm a blonde B-L-O-N-D
Cause I'm a blonde don't you wish you were me?

(Just thought you'd like an 80's flashback.) I may not be blond but my new cabinets sure are. Perhaps not what I had envisioned in my do-it-yourselfer's minds eye but they'll grow on me. Especially once the floors and countertops are in to add a little color.


But hey, I'm not complaining cause we're making progress! Although we are still hunting for a plumber who could start BEFORE August 24th. The last guy was supposed to start...and finish for that matter...last week. But now he has pushed out the job until the end of August. So we can't install the base cabinets, we can't wall in the bathroom and we can't install floors. Basically, we can't do anything! Huh, so this is what it's like to be a general contractor.

7 comments:

Anonymous August 1, 2007 at 7:19 AM  

The cabinets look awesome! You can totally tell it is a kitchen now :) Michelle

Anonymous August 1, 2007 at 8:01 AM  

They are beautiful!! It is definitely a kitchen now, at least most of one! Great job you two!

Sarah W

Anonymous August 1, 2007 at 11:16 AM  

Wow! Looks great! Sorry to hear about the plumber. Welcome to the world of remodeling! We had quite a few of those moments as well. Actually still are having problems. We have tried for over two months now to get someone out to give estimates and paint our house in Scappoose. Finally today we have two people coming out to do estimates! Good luck. Beth

Anonymous August 1, 2007 at 3:39 PM  

Mmmmm, I can smell something yummy cooking already!

Mindy

Anonymous August 1, 2007 at 7:44 PM  

Lori, Your kitchen is going to be beautiful when it is completed. I know remodeling is nerve racking but it will be so wonderful when completed. Oh, I just want to say that I am so thrilled that you and Jeff have decided to adopt a baby again. You are wonderful parents. Jean M.

Anonymous August 2, 2007 at 7:46 AM  

Glen wants to know if we can hire Jeff to do some work at our house?? =) Wouldn't that be fun, Jeff, working for Glen again!! Just kidding, again the kitchen looks awesome!

Sarah & Glen

The Tucson Gang August 2, 2007 at 11:27 AM  

WOW!!! It's a kitchen! How exciting! It is going to be spectacular w/the granite and flooring! Awesome! Keep the pictures comin'...
Traci

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP