Thursday, December 11, 2008

Getting into the Christmas spirit

We still don't have a tree and there is nary a light twinkling at our house. With just 2 weeks left until Christmas, I think it's about time to get in the spirit. So tomorrow I plan to hold a cookie baking extravaganza! I've got the ingredients for Lemon Squares, Oatmeal Carmelitas, Chocolate Toffee Crunchies, Snickerdoodles and Oreo Truffles. That should make a nice plate of treats for neighbors, friends and co-workers.

As if that weren't enough, I also made Caramel Layer Choco Squares and Cheesecake Cookie Cups last night for a party at work. With all of this baking, I predict that I will have gained 5 lbs by Monday. See what I do for you? What can I say? I'm a giver.

Now that I've shared my cookie recipes, it's time for you to return the favor What is your favorite cookie recipe? Or for you non-bakers, what is your favorite cookie to indulge in at Christmas?

9 comments:

La Maestra December 11, 2008 at 3:21 PM  

That sounds like so much fun! (And messy - my kitchen looked like a bomb went off after just one batch of truffles!) I could never choose a favorite, but I love those jam thumbprints! And lemon squares - I could eat about a pan of those! And fudge always makes me think of the Holidays!

And...

Emily December 11, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

i luv fudge!!!!

Robb December 11, 2008 at 6:04 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robb December 11, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

Last year I gave out nut brittle and I have had a ton of requests for it again this year. It's easy to make a bunch of batches. I use a generous half cup of peanuts, almonds, cashews, & pecans. :-)

Anonymous December 11, 2008 at 11:12 PM  

I just gained 5 pounds reading the recipes! Yum! Thanks for sharing. I personally have to have Sugar Cookies and Spritz cookies, otherwise it doesn't feel like Christmas.

Michele P.

Christie December 12, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

Yum! Oreo truffles sound like the most awesome type of truffle to have ever been created by humankind. :)

Christie December 12, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

Nanaimo bars are a favorite at our house. Here's a link to the recipe I posted: http://darrenandchristie.blogspot.com/search?q=nanaimo

Emily December 12, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

oooooh, snickerdoodles are also the best!!!

sarah8_24 December 12, 2008 at 5:32 PM  

I just made the Oreo Truffles recipe yesterday and they are fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. These will definitely be a new holiday "tradition" around here.

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP