Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Don't mess with me Jack


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. A white Christmas even! After just a few days of this cold, snowy weather, I'm ready to move on. How on earth do people live with this white stuff all winter long? It's too bad the forecast is for more snow. I guess I can tolerate it as long as it doesn't start messing with some important plans. On Friday, I have a much needed haircut scheduled. I NEEEEEEED this haircut. My pixie do is more like a helmet right now. And more importantly, we're supposed to travel to Seattle and back on Saturday to visit Ian's extended birthfamily. We've really been looking forward to this visit. So Jack Frost had better cooperate. Do you hear me Jack? Trust me, you do not want to mess with my plans.

9 comments:

Anonymous December 16, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

I agree with messing with plans. We are supposed to go to Seattle next Tuesday to get Kennedy's cast off and get x-rays of her new ankle. I really don't want any travel troubles. Chrissy

Anonymous December 16, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

Forgot to tell you I am getting ready to make the Oreo Truffle recipe that came on our Christmas card. They sound way to good!

Emily December 17, 2008 at 12:40 AM  

I love love love snow but sometimes I don't so love canceling plans. I was looking forward to a fun Christmas party that had to be canceled which was a bummer, but being able to go out and enjoy the snow almost made up for it. I'm looking forward to a good storm, but for your sake I hope it clears up soon and you can continue on with your plans :)

Anonymous December 17, 2008 at 6:55 AM  

What a beautiful picture out your living room window. You have a good eye for photos. But, I'm with you--the best thing about snow was when we were working and got the day off. --Mom

The Tucson Gang December 17, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

I'm with you...snow is over rated! It's fun to get a day or two off from work/school - but when it messes with my plans...it crosses the line! How do people live in that white stuff all winter?!!? Geesh?!!?

Rachele December 17, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

The people who live in this white stuff all winter long, also usually have snow removal equipment -even for residential areas- so that transportation and other major functions can continue. Someone told me that Portland has three snow plows?! I don't know if they were joking or not. I certainly haven't seen one.

Anonymous December 18, 2008 at 7:18 AM  

Your pic is beautiful. From Michigan so we are used to snow all winter and love it. I guess it is what you grow up with/get used too. Snow doesn't stop us unless of course it is a major blizzard!! Not to say that we are ready to say goodbye come Spring...that is the one plus of having 4 seasons.

Anonymous December 21, 2008 at 11:26 AM  

Beautiful view to the snowy landscape!

Anonymous December 21, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

yes, but you have SNOWPLOWS in michigan... we have like 2. anyway, lori, did you make it to your family shindig???

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP