Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Hills Are Alive

Today I showered for the first time in our new bathroom (which I have dubbed "the locker room"). While this may not seem blog-worthy on the surface, you have to dig deeper to really appreciate this milestone.

For the past 3 months, we have been showering in a tub-shower combo. The aforementioned tub-shower is in Lillian's bathroom so on the wall there is a frog pod which is a brilliant toy storage device despite the fact it takes up much of the limited standing room.


Combine that with the shower curtain which blows in and sticks to your legs and it makes for a pretty tight squeeze. So today as I stood in the middle of our new 6'x5'6" shower (hence the name "the locker room"), I was tempted to spin around, arms extended like Maria in the Sound of Music.




I didn't. And even if I did, I wouldn't tell you. Okay...I would tell you...but I didn't. But boy do I LOVE my new shower!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous October 31, 2007 at 7:20 PM  

wooohooo!!!!! i'm comin over to your house to get ready every morning now! ;)

Anonymous October 31, 2007 at 7:20 PM  

wooohooo!!!!! i'm comin over to your house to get ready every morning now! ;) -Becci

Anonymous November 1, 2007 at 11:54 AM  

That looks beautiful! I sure miss our big shower too. Someday we will be back! Enjoy the space! Beth

Garren November 1, 2007 at 1:26 PM  

And a bench! Definately a locker room....!
:)
G

Me November 1, 2007 at 1:33 PM  

That looks like a dream come true!!! Will it make getting up for work easier? Abra

Anonymous November 1, 2007 at 2:10 PM  

Wow, Lori--that must have felt wonderful. It is a beautiful shower in every way--size, color choices, etc. Have you cooked on your new stove yet? It must feel like you two are living in an up-scale resort! Enjoy--you deserve every "Sound of Music" moment! --Love, Mom

The Tucson Gang November 1, 2007 at 2:15 PM  

OMG...HOW AWESOME!!! Love the new shower...it's sweet! I am totally singing that lovely tune...The Hills Are Alive with the Sound of Music ...Aaaahhhh, ahhhhhh, ahhh, ah. Anyhoo - glad you are getting to enjoy the fruits of your labor (both of you). :-) Yeah!

Jennifer November 1, 2007 at 4:03 PM  

Um...can I come over the next time I need to get away?
You guys did an amazing job!!!!

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP